What Can Job Corps Do for You?
What you want:
- A better-paying job.
- Financial assistance while you learn.
- An experience that will jump-start your career.
What we'll give you:
- Hands-on career technical training with real employers to make sure that the skills you learn are the ones you need. See our Careers page for details.
- Education that applies to real-world business. You can earn a high school diploma or GED at the same time you are learning important career technical skills.
- Money for each month you're in the program. But just like a real job, taxes are deducted from your allowance.
- The path to a promising career. Job Corps works with you to develop a personalized career development plan including an area of training that will offer high-paying job opportunities.
- Services to help you be healthy and happy. Job Corps students have access to on-center health clinics, and some centers even provide special programs for students who are single parents.
- A safe environment that promotes your growth and development. See our Center Life page for more information.
- Help finding a job. Job Corps will help you develop interview skills, finalize your resume, and search for a job that matches your career technical skills training.
Return to top of page
Page last updated:
Tuesday, August 30, 2011